“Life has been a real adventure for me. I never dreamed from my humble beginnings that I, a person who came into this world with very little… could or would rise to the level that I have.”
Applications are collected from January 1st through June 1st of each year.
Postmark/Fax Deadline: June 1st of each year.
To be considered, applicant must be currently applying for entrance into Cosmetology/Barber School, OR actively enrolled in a Cosmetology/Barber program. If you graduate from Cosmetology or Barber School between the dates of: January 1st through August 31st of the current award year, you are not eligible. Esthetician or Nail training students are not eligible.
Candidates must submit the following:
1. Complete Application
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Please review your application carefully to include all financial information, your essay, and your letter of recommendation.
2. One Page Essay In Your Own Words Describe
- Your financial need
- Your ambitions, interests, and a brief family history
- Why you want to be a cosmetologist
3. Letters of Recommendation
- Include one or two letters of recommendation. See application below for full instructions.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Who awards the scholarships? Winners are selected by an independent committee composed of the board of directors and others in the professional beauty industry.
- How much is the award? $1,000.00 per recipient, paid directly to enrolled school for tuition.
- How will I know if I win? All applicants are notified of their status by the end of September of the calendar year.
- If I win, when does the school get the money for tuition? Once you receive the award letter, half will be paid in September, and the other half will be paid the month of the year you graduate.
- I am currently enrolled in COSMETOLOGY school and graduate in July, can I still apply for this year’s scholarship? No, if you are a student currently enrolled in a cosmetology program and graduating between January 1st and August 31st of the award year, you are NOT eligible, only cosmetology students who graduate after August 31st may apply. If you are a high school student please apply during thefinal semester of your senior high school year.
- How do I turn in the application? Two ways: Fax or Mail. Mail to: Joe Francis Haircare Scholarship Foundation, P.O. Box 50625, Minneapolis, MN 55405, Fax to: (651) 459-8371
- Who do I talk to if I have any questions? Kim Larson (651)769-1757 or email:email@example.com